Saturday, May 22, 2010

Teacher Intern Has A Breakthrough Moment in Bowdoin Library


In the picture:
Tori-Ann Holness, BT Scholar, Zoe Eiber, Program Assistant/Teacher Intern

Hey! So I'm in the library busily working on one of my many final papers. This one is for my poetry class and our assigment was to chose a poet that we read this semester and read a bunch of their work and pick a common theme out of that. We're supposed to find critical sources, bibliographic and other things to support our theme and then write one piece about all of that. Anyways, I wrote my first paper on this poem "The Tropics of New York" by Claude McKay and thought he was GREAT (you should look up the poem--its really great), but I couldn't write about him again, so I decided to do another Harlem Renaissance poet--Langston Hughes. I've spent all day reading about him and critical essays on his poetry when I finally, just now, got to my interpretations of his poems. I decided to focus on three of them and couldn't figure out why some of them looked SO FAMILIAR, especially since we didn't talk about them in class...when I realized I TAUGHT THEM AT BREAKTHROUGH! Good to know that college kids & breakthrough students study the same things!

Sincerely,
Zoe Eiber
Bowdoin College

No comments:

Post a Comment